JOB SUMMARY :
The Head Chef Staff Canteen works under the supervision of the Executive Chef to maintain service and quality standards as defined by Constance Lemuria Seychelles at the Team Restaurant. He/she is responsible to coordinate and to control the operation of the Team Restaurant from the kitchen and canteen attendant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Provide a high quality, nutritious and attractively presented Team Restaurant service to team members.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in the handling, preparation, serving, and storage of food.
- Ensure appropriate standards of cleaning and maintenance are achieved at all times I accordance to ISO 22000 Standards.
- Undertake the preparation and presentation of food items.
- Supervise Team Restaurant employees with regards to grooming, attitude, discipline and performance as necessary.
- Responsible for Controlling the stock and inventories including the ordering, receipt and storage of goods.
- Responsible for upholding and implementing the policies of the canteen.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of team members who prepare, portion and serve food.
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation.
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage.
- Train team members in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Implement and train team members on ISO 22000 standards
- Helping other kitchen if Executive chef or Executive sous requested
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.