Restaurant Manager and Sommelier
The Restaurant Manager and Sommelier is responsible for managing the daily operations of our exclusive cellar restaurant à la carte, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food, wines and supplies and optimize profits. The Restaurant Manager and Sommelier is a professional of service who ensures that guests are satisfied with their dining experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- To ensure that the set-up of the outlet, the lighting and all aspects related to guests experience are monitored and up to standard before each service to reflect the standards of the resort and Constance Hotels & Resorts
- To ensure that all food and beverages served in the outlet respect corporate and hotel standards and reports immediately and in a constructive manner any comment of non-conformance
- To communicate actively with all guests during service and ensure guests satisfaction.
- Check all special and diet requirements from guest, check about allergy information to be properly communicated to guests to avoid any health incident
- Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs and controlling requisition
- Estimate all beverage stocks, sundries, operating supplies according to occupancy
- Maintaining a proper and accurate food and beverage inventory
- Control breakage, and ensure that requisitions are in line with Budget
- Ensure that all bills are properly posted, avoid void and cancellations or mistake on bills
- To foster a spirit of performance in the outlet, aiming at improving profitability through up selling and other initiatives.
- To monitor that adequate hygiene procedures and standards are respected at all time.
- To promote actively the outlet and to seek ways of improving internal and external communication, in order to generate more recognition, covers and revenue.
- To organize, motivate, train and develop the team members of the outlet.
- To promote fairness, balance and the values of Constance Hotels Experience amongst the team members of the outlet.
- To ensure that the outlet is always covered with the appropriate staffing, and that team members are organized to perform their tasks with efficiency and that reflects the standards and values of Constance Hotels Experience
- To monitor all staff attendance, overtimes and extras.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues
- Conduct orientation and oversee the training of new employee
- Develop employees by providing on-going feedback, setting performance expectations and conducting performance reviews
- To ensure that a weekly performance report pertaining occurrence is given to the F&B Manager
- To monitor and follow up on corporate and hotel SOP and P&P are respected at all time.
- Must be familiar with procedures and standards of all outlets
- To plan and monitor that the equipment in the outlet (SOE) is well maintained, handled correctly, cleaned and stored as per hotel policies, and aiming at minimizing breakage and loss.
- To attend and contribute actively to the daily F&B meeting. To suggest improvements and initiatives to increase global performance of the department.
- To participate in training courses as provided by management
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are resected at all times.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in F&B and Sommelerie at managerial level in top of the range luxury island resorts, with refined personnalised guest service in tropical locations
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Fluent in English and French, both speaking and writing
- Passionate about wine
- People management skills
- Result oriented