Front Office Clerk (Arabic ONLY)
A Front Office Clerk with Hilton Garden Inn™ is responsible for ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to all guests in accordance with the hotel standards.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Hilton Garden Inn™ is the award-winning, upscale, yet affordable, hotel brand. We continually strive to ensure today's busy travellers have everything they need to be the most productive on the road, no matter the occasion. With high levels of service and amenities usually only found in pricier hotels, guests count on us to help them be successful when they're on the road.
If you know what it feels like to succeed and you can perform on an award-winning team, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Garden Inn™. Because it’s with the Hilton Garden Inn™ where we speak success and where our Guests succeed.
What will I be doing?
A Front Office Clerk with Hilton Garden Inn™ is responsible for ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to all guests in accordance with the hotel standards. Specifically as Front Office Clerk, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Perform other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager.
• Receives the checked in registration cards daily and updates the CID / Police Report System.
• Prints the departure report and updates the CID / Police Report System accordingly.
• Ensures that any checked in room is registered in the DTCM system for the Tourism Dirham fees.
• Ensures that all the departures are checked out from the DTCM system to avoid duplicate charges.
• Checks daily / monthly the DTCM report and compare it with the PMS report to ensure that there is no discrepancy in payment.
• Acceptance and passing on any information advised by the CID / Police to the Front Office Manager.
• Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints.
• Know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives.
• Guarantee the tidiness and cleanliness of the Back Office area.
• Obtain all the relevant information from the previous shift, including the volume of business, special guests, tasks to be clarified and to be completed and special events.
• Take regular part in meetings and shift handovers.
• Cooperate with employees from all departments, in particular Reservations.
• Check in and check out for guest names in the CID report taking account of the established government standards.
• Follow all Front Office Policies and Procedures
• Carry out administrative tasks when required (sorting in and sorting out of documents, etc.)
• Take over any other tasks and special projects which arise in the course of business.
• Check Traces (guest in House & expected arrivals) reports.
• A further duty is maintaining an appropriate standard of tidiness in the building and of dress.
• Know the emergency equipment on the telephone switchboard, how to use it and what to do in cases of emergency.
• Is aware of the joint responsibility for safety in our Hotel and abides strictly by all the safety instructions, especially when operating the machines and equipment.
• Behave at all times in such a way as to avoid accidents.
• Is able to raise the internal alarms correctly.
• Know how to what to do in case of an evacuation/fire alarm or other emergencies (i.e. bomb threats).
• Ensure that all front doors and stores belonging to the department, as well as the key cabinet for the whole department, are kept locked at all times.
What are we looking for?
A Front Office Clerk serving Hilton Garden Inn™ is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
• Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error
• Ability to listen effectively and comprehend the English language to understand and obtain instructions and information
• Ability to see and hear in order to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Experience in preopening hotel
• Experience in a similar capacity in a mid to large operation
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Garden Inn™ --- where we speak success.
Hundreds of locations, with over tens of thousands of rooms numerous projects in development, worldwide Herman Miller Mirra® desk chairs complement our stylish work areas
Sleep deep with the Garden Sleep System® bed
Fitness Centers featuring Precor® training equipment
Hilton Garden Inn has consistently been recognized as the Best Mid-Scale, Full Service brand in key consumer awards