F& B Coordinator
Under the general guidance of the Director of Food & Beverage and within the limits of established Company policies and procedures, is responsible for providing coordination and administrative assistance to the Food & Beverage office
Hotel Overview: Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director, Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a proactive approach towards preparation of outlet menus, division correspondence, communication, etc.,
- Distributing and filing of letters, memos and all related correspondence emanating from the Food & Beverage Office.
- Maintaining and updating a follow-up/trace file for important functions, events, meetings, and other related matters.
- Attending and participating in the daily food & beverage briefings, updating outlet managers in regards ongoing events, deadlines and other food & beverage related matters.
- Attending the monthly Food & Beverage meetings, assembling and issuing the minutes of the meeting.
- Compilation and preparation of revenue and daily and monthly reports for the various food & beverage outlets
- Coordinating with the Materials/Purchasing Manager for special purchasing relating to the Food & Beverage Department.
- Receiving, monitoring and ensuring appropriate action on all incoming calls to the Director and Food & Beverage Department.
- Sorting and distributing all incoming mail, both internal and external, to the various outlets
- Establishing and maintaining an updated filing system to include, but not limited to the following: Outlets Menu File, Job Descriptions, Promotions Files, Budget File, Entertainment File
- Entertainment Coordinator: Corresponding and liaising with entertainment agents/entertainers/embassies to facilitate the smooth processing of the necessary documentation whilst hiring of the entertainers for the food & beverage department.
- Coordinating of flight schedules and arranging for the cargo requirements of the incoming/outgoing entertainers.
- Compiling and preparing the monthly attendance records of the in-house entertainers and ensuring that payments are disbursed to the entertainers on time.
- Compilation and preparation of the monthly attendance records for the Food & Beverage Office.
- Dealing promptly and professionally with guests and inquiries received from clients/visitors to the Food & Beverage Office.
- Assuming overall responsibility to ensure facilities and equipment for the Food & Beverage office are functional, in good repair and well maintained.
- Completing all other special assignments/tasks as assigned by the Director, Food & Beverage
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to resolve situations involving guest challenges
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Internet usage
- Previous experience is an asset
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 14.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00151