Purchasing SupervisorThis role will assist the Purchasing Manager on the day to day Administrative Functions
Hotel Overview:Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Expedite delivery of purchase orders.
- Assist in preparing request for quotations.
- Obtain competitive pricing (at least 3 Bids) for specifications as directed.
- Prepare budget shells from designer specifications.
- Prepare reports such as bid summaries
- Close project files and maintain project storage log.
- Maintain disclaimers, credit applications and vendor information
- Provide back up for support staff.
- Closely able to work with receiving clerk
- Able to maintain HASAP standard at all level- from sourcing products till storage
- Performing all Admin Assistant Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by department Manager .
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Work with a sense of urgency and detail oriented
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and MC systems is recommended.
- Able to type 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of the local market is an asset
- Community College diploma or equivalent experience
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 22.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00131