Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the Front Office department. They are also considered to be the Manger on Duty. All problems must be attended to and solved using the resources of other colleagues and leaders.
Hotel Overview:Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The Front Desk Supervisor is required at all times to set a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of Hotel Policies and Procedures, loyalty to management and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in JDP, LQA, Colleague Engagement, Health and Safety and GSI initiatives.
- To use discretion and tact when dealing with guest problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel and/or its reputation.
- To advise the Director of Rooms of any matters relating to guests, their welfare and behavior as considered desirable for various reasons.
- Ensuring at all employees within Front Office are fully aware of the daily inventory, yield and revenue management, and sell rates.
- Attend to all guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all guest complaints are dealt with promptly in order to attain Guest satisfaction and the protection of the Hotel’s Interest.
- In all incidents, provide management with reports and recommend actions to avoid repetition of any incident, accident theft, complaints etc.
- Ensure maximum safety for guests, patron and employees during emergencies. The protection of hotels interests must be the major concern.
- To be fully trained in emergency procedures and to assist in carrying out any practice drills.
- Make regular rounds of the Hotel to ensure smooth operations in all areas.
- Supervision of Front Desk colleagues, assisting in check in and checkouts.
- Perform any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Director of Rooms.
- An unbiased report must be sent to all concerned at the completion of the shift.
- The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the hotel. He/She must make decisions on all matters involving guest contact with hotel colleagues. In absence of the Director of Rooms He/She has full authority to make decisions concerning Front Office
- Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera CRS; Opera PM; Opera Sales & Catering; MS Outlook; Word; Excel; Power Point; Meeting Matrix
- Minimum of two-year previous Front Office supervisory experience.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills.
- Highest guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead employees to excellence.
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
- Previous International experience essential.
- Second or third language an asset.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 05.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00090