Lighting Technician - Mandarin Speakers
Come join our team!
Job Title: Lighting Technician
Department: Production Show
The Lighting Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of Entertainment Lighting Systems for all shows. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on lighting systems, while assisting other technicians with scenery changovers and maintenance.
The Lighting Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all lighting equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain the lighting design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
- In the event that production show lighting design needs to be modified for operational circumstances, notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the original lighting design.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Design and program a professional high standard lighting for cabaret/variety entertainers, charter clients, shows, (such as Comedian, Magician, Singers etc.)
- Maintain all entertainment lighting equipment onboard to ensure its 100% workable and report any damaged, broken or non-working elements to the Technical Supervisor/Electronics Engineer Jr.
- Maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requested by Technical Supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance cleaning on all entertainment lighting equipment, on the vessel with the help of the Technical staff.
- Performs maintenance testing and basic troubleshooting of lighting rig prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor/Entertainment Production Manager of any malfunction.
- Performs visual monthly inspection of all safety cables for entertainment lighting systems vessel wide and report defects or missing items to Technical Supervisor.
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager.
- Keep all records of on-board and offloaded product.
- Order all products for the next voyage.
- Manifest off all of the previous week’s pyro storage containers, misfires, and unfired devices.
- Test and Fire all shows in the manner as they were designed by the production team.
- Partner with the Bridge and Security to provide a safe and secure environment in which to operate the show.
- Two years experience running lights in a theatrical setting or four years experience in various venues such as ships, theatres clubs.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of moving lights programming and design including Various Martin Products. (for example Mac600, Mac2k, Mac250krypton, Mac500, MAC TW1) Various laser systems including Pangolin. Various High End products (for example DL1, catalyst etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various light systems which include Martin Maxxyz Compact, Light Jockey, Maxxyz PC, Mac 2000, Mac III, Mac 250, 550,101,301, Seachangers, Color scrollers, High-end DL1’s, various Lasers, Dayton Watch out systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study; Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.