StorekeeperResponsible for the receiving, storing, issuing and accounting of Finance materials and supplies. Assist the Store Supervisor in the control of all Finance store items and to maintain a fully computerized system for the administration of Finance Maintenance systems.
Hotel Overview:Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager Position Title, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To be thoroughly familiar with all spare parts requirements and specifications for all equipment installed in the Hotel.
- Categorize all store areas within his control to ensure spares are readily identified and available when required.
- Control issuance of storeroom items in order to prevent wastage.
- Ensure that any delivered items, comply with the requirements and specifications.
- Maintain day-to-day records for accounting purposes.
- Prepare purchase requests and follow-up with purchasing Department for prompt delivery.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy all times.
- Ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas.
- Observe and practice safe working methods.
- Attend life safety instruction classes and any other Hotel training schemes.
- Performs related duties and special projects where and when instructed by his supervisor.
- Maintain full flexibility in his attitude to work.
- Work to the highest standards of his trade and conforms to all local codes of practice.
- Inspect supplier’s delivery of Finance materials and supplies for conformity with quantity and quality specifications.
- Store and arranges stocks for ease of issuance, maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storerooms.
- Issue materials and supplies per approved requisitions.
- Keep records of materials received or issued.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for Finance materials and supplies, assists purchasing department.
- Conduct monthly inventory of materials and supplies comparing stock card balances with physical count.
Compute material costs for work orders
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed Ability to handle multi-million inventories.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails heavy lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above .
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 15.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00137