Executive Housekeeper (Western educated,female candidate)
As Executive Housekeeper you will be reporting directly to the General Manager and below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labour (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads.
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods.
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds, and vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIP’s and repeat visitors
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents).
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top supervisory job in the housekeeping department. Typically supervises number of housekeeping employees in a hotel
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hospitality and Tourism and three years in housekeeping
experience including some supervisory training/experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Experience in the GCC region in a branded environment
- Seeking a highly confident self-motivated individual with attention to details to be completely accountable for the Housekeeping function
in this great hotel.
- Innovative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Good financial management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks consistent with business objectives.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PPT, industry related software desired.
Must be fluent in English.