Full job details
General CashierThe General Cashier is responsible for reconciling daily cash submissions from the various departments in the Hotel and for consolidating the bank deposits on a daily basis. The General Cashier must also ensure that all cash-handling Colleagues have adequate monetary change throughout their work shifts and perform house bank audits as required by the Company’s policies and procedures to ensure the safeguarding of all hotel cash.
Hotel Overview:A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have excellent cash handling skills evidenced by no overages and shortages.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Count and verify daily cash receipts that are submitted from individual cashiers.
- Document the reconciliation of all cash receipts to the PMS system and complete or assist in the completion of the daily cash over and short report.
- Consolidate and prepare the daily bank deposits in a timely manner
- Provide monetary change to personnel with hotel floats. Issue due-backs to hotel cashiers as required
- Perform a daily count of the main house bank and document all of these results. Send a copy to the appropriate accounting manager. The total must include banks issued and must tie to the general ledger house bank account.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by cashier on a daily basis and forward to Assistant Controller at month-end
- Maintain a daily cash over/short log.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by cashier on a daily basis and forward to Assistant Controller at month-end.
- Count and document all hotel floats quarterly, on a surprise basis, in the presence of the float holder as required by the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a quarterly summary of float
- Maintain current house bank agreements. Issue cashier safety deposit boxes for bank safekeeping, as required
- Control and maintain gift certificates and travel voucher inventories
- Report all cash discrepancies to the Assistant Controller immediately.
- Prepare and maintain a log on all issued house banks.
- Conduct house bank audits on a regular basis according to established guidelines
- Make petty cash disbursements according to established guidelines.
- Resolve any deposit discrepancies directly with the bank while keeping the Assistant Controller aware of the status of said discrepancies.
- Count the General Cashier’s bank as per policy and report all counts / discrepancies to the Assistant Controller
- Assist in cashier training and be available as needed to support cashiers in resolving problems in cash handling procedures
- Strictly adhere to the hotels procedures for cash handling, cheque cashing and petty cash disbursements.
- Ensure that current exchange rates are posted and all foreign currencies and cheques proceeds are deposited on a timely basis.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the Company.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Controller and Assistant Controller.
- A professional appearance and presentation
- Computer Literacy: Word, Excel, and E-mail
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma. University / College Degree is an asset
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
- Experience in a similar capacity is preferred
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : Ongoing Job Number: DBI02156