Chef De Partie
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Chefs, Chef de Partie
Chef De Partie Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont Dubai Employee Status : Regular
Chef de PartieEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Chef de Partie will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare. Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service. Summary of Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues in absence of Jr Sous Chef & Sous Chef.
- Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment.
- Lead by example using Fairmont’s: Mission, Vision & Values.
- Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues.
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits.
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations.
- Promote Health and Safety at all times.
- Ensure proper hygiene as per Dubai Municipality.
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers.
- Minimize wastage/ spoilage.
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues.
- Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback.
- Strives to maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations.
- Participate in monthly EOS committee meetings to address colleague EOS issues.
- Strives to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality.
- Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality.
- Daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness & quality standards.
- Strive to develop as a leader by attending Fairmont Managerial Courses.
- Assign and follow – up tasks as dictated by business volumes.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Have a strong working knowledge of International Cuisine, buffet and a la carte.
- With 5 years of culinary experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment.
- Strong supervisory and communication skills.
- Food Hygiene and Safety trained.
- Enthusiastic and with outgoing personality who is very guest driven.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps