Full job details
Coordinator, HousekeepingAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As Housekeeping Coordinator, your organization and communication skills will support your Colleagues in creating guest rooms that are well equipped and welcoming – and that make our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Chinese cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to all areas of the Housekeeping department
- Work closely with all departments within the Rooms Division, communicating day to day updates and changes
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping office
- Perform various duties pertaining to departmental scheduling, payroll and purchasing
- Maintain all employee records within the Housekeeping department
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping or administration experience required
- Previous experience using a Property Management System preferred
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Window applications
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional walking, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 08.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01178