Full job details
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Lifeguard, your attentiveness and commitment to safe practices will facilitate enjoyable aquatic and waterside experiences for our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Welcome guests to the pool facility and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Assist in the cleanliness and the daily upkeep of the pool area
- Guard and safeguard all guestsmembers using the pool facility
- Ensure guests are aware of all services and activities available at the pool
- Ensure that proper pool testing has taken place prior to guests using the facility
- Ensure all guests are registered prior to using the pool and are aware of the rules of the facility
- Provide a high level of guest satisfaction and safety through effective communication
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a Lifeguard preferred
- Certification in CPR First Aid required
- Certification as a Lifeguard required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 06.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01285
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!