Senior Sales Manager- Group Sales
Full job details
Senior Manager, Group Sales
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Manager, Group Sales role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of six food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterranean and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Group Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, prompt and courteous service to both internal and external customers
· Handle key potential MICE accounts with a strong focus on local DMCs and travel agencies and specific, assigned markets
· Develop and maintain customer base in all assigned markets
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Quote and negotiate prices within established parameters
· Develop sales strategies and action plans and engage with relevant Global Sales Offices, key partners in travel and tourism related industries/travel bureau
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
- Maintain accounts, contacts, activities and business details within the appropriate software applications (Opera)
- Work closely with Conference Service department to ensure all details of the contract are delivered and guests depart satisfied
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
· Keep accurate records of potential customers & follow through on all potential business
· Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals
· Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned
- Previous hotel experience is required
- Three years of hotel sales experience in a supervisory capacity and knowledge of local and global DMCs is preferred
- Strong prospecting and contract negotiation skills
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Hotel sales and catering software/systems is required
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 06.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01375