Full job details
To verify the daily work prepared by the Night Audit staff, to supervise the day to day activities of Night Audit and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company’s policies and procedures.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Mediterranean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format.
- Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
- Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge and willingness to assist in other accounting functions as assigned.
- Ensure that the banquet department’s revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify and reconcile all revenue centres as reported in the Income Journal daily.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
- Review Housekeeping discrepancy report.
- Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review telephone charges from in-house administration.
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
- Balance the Property Management telephone postings with the call accounting system’s summary of guest charges.
- Reconcile banquet orders with all banquet guest checks.
- Review the night audits’s balance of the food and beverage revenue against the food and beverage point of sales system.
- Review the balance of all miscellaneous revenues such as laundry, telephone, movies, and garage departments.
- Reconcile guest ledger, the accounts receivable, and advanced deposits. As well, the Income Auditor must prepare and record daily revenue entry or 15 day revenue summary report and generate a statistical report on the mix of sales.
- Income Journal: using a secure environment and getting a daily sign off on balanced position by Assistant Controller.
- Cash Receipts Journal
- A/R Adjustment Journal
- Assist with month end closing and subsequent analysis of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts as directed by the Assistant Controller.
- Ensure that all service charges (Banquet, Room Service etc.,) paid are inline with net receipts on pay period basis.
- Approve invoices for all miscellaneous guest charges, after ensuring that guest charges were processed regularly.
- Maintain sequential control for Banquet cheques and outlet cheques.
- Ensure that Audit Trail is evident throughout all tasks.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller, to include a participative role in Operating Equipment Inventory taking and audit of Guest
- Safety Deposit Boxes.
- 3-5 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 29.Nov.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01370