Full job details
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, creating memorable experiences and ensuring the safety and well being of our guests and visitors is an integral part of our operations. As an Activity Supervisor, your creativity, attentiveness and commitment to executing fun activity experiences for our guests is paramount. An essential element ensuring safe practices are adapted to facilitate the enjoyable aquatic, waterside and recreation experiences for our guests .
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Mediterranean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, responsibilities includes;
- Ensure read and understand Risk Assessment, NOP and EAP.
- Ensure attend Lifeguard/Attendant training whenever conducts.
- Train all lifeguards & attendants in your departmental SOP’s.
- Ensure all activity equipment, safety equipment, life-saving equipment and first aid equipment is checked at the beginning and end of each day.
- Prepare the weekly recreation activity schedule with consideration to peak periods and peak times, including seasons of the year and guest demographic in-house.
- Identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements at the pool, beach areas, play area.
- Check the swimming pools, furniture and pool and beach area on a daily basis. Make sure that it is safe, clean and fit for guests use.
- Continually support for recreation facilities under your supervision, ensuring smooth operation.
- Ensure that activity team checklist including pool and beach checklists are completed.
- Ensure all colleagues are following the Hotel rules and regulations.
- Ensure all colleagues are wearing the correct uniform on duty and are groomed in line with grooming standards
- Support for lifeguards rotation every 20 minutes (if possible).
- Support to ensure breaks and managed effectively, and lifeguard and attendant cover is maintained on the pools and beach.
- Maintain and develop teamwork between the lifeguards and attendant team.
- Anticipate and participate for rescue drills on a weekly basis.
- Register pool readings (Ch, PH, temp) 3 times per day when required to support.
- Log any defects or maintenance into the Royal Service system, pool and beach logbook, and immediately report to the Recreation Manager.
- Plan and lead daily team briefings.
- Organize to attend with your team the weekly lifeguard training to include patrolling / scanning, rescue, first aid & CPR.
- Ensure full attendance at lifeguard training, and ensure attendance sheets, photographic evidence and the subject matter for the session (handouts etc.) are filed on the lifeguard training file.
- Support for team to attend and participate in departmental and hotel training to ensure consistent delivery of product & service standards.
- Maintain fitness training, and first aid qualification training, and ensure that all qualifications (Pool and Beach) are up to date.
Health & Safety
- Give immediate First Aid in the event of an injury or trauma
- Aware of the fire emergency plan and health and safety regulations.
- Record all accidents, incidents and hazards immediately.
- Ensure that all equipment and furniture is clean and well maintained and that any hazards are repaired or removed.
- Ensure all Risk assessments are up to date, and receive a copy.
- Promote a professional image and give full co-operation to all guests with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- Promote and maintain teamwork with all colleagues to ensure equality in the workplace is maintained without any form of discrimination
- Comply with all hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the handbook and to be aware of company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose information relating to Hotel operations.
- To comply with statutory & legal requirements for fire, health & safety and employment.
- Ensure report for duty on time and leave on time
- Provide full co-operation to all colleagues requiring assistance in a prompt and helpful manner and assist around the Hotel in response to business and guest’s needs.
- Critically evaluate one’s own performance and consistently set high standards.
- Set up and maintain systems of information and ensure quality and safety procedures are being followed.
- Any other duties as and when requested by the Recreation Manager
- Ensure that you are engage with the guests in a professional and friendly manner and in line with the Service Promises.
- Complete regular competitor evaluations to determine the activity schedules in place and work to remain ahead of the competition.
- Design our activity schedule to surprise and delight the guest, ensuring regular updates and up-grades are made in line with what is current.
- Determine and communicate with the Recreation Manager Revenue opportunities for your department using animation for group events and corporate groups which is chargeable as part of a team build.
- Ensure you are actively seek feedback from guests rather than wait for complaints, and resolve guest issues whilst recording the feedback as guest recovery.
- Provide praise and recognition to members of the team.
- Encourage teamwork within the team as well as with other teams and departments.
- Work closely with the Front office and sales teams to plan your activity schedule in -line with guest mix in-house.
- Ensure all team members are treated fairly, equally and with respect.
- Works with and supports others as part of a team both within and across functions.
- Understands the needs to work together to create an environment of cooperation and mutual responsibility.
- Talk frequently about the importance of considering other departments as part of the overall team.
- Encourage two way communications, confirms the message has been understood and seek feedback.
- Show awareness / sensitivity/ tolerance towards cultural differences
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under the sun over 45*c.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be a team player
- Understand English Read & write
- Understanding about recreation activities or play items.
- Minimum of 2 years lifeguarding experience.
- NPLQ and NBLQ Qualified
- Computer Knowledge
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 29.Nov.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01298