Full job details
Join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts as a Laundry Uniform Attendant, You will be responsible for all our colleagues’ uniforms. This fast paced and demanding position will see you using your skills as you welcome colleagues at the start of their duty and wave them good bye at the end of their shift.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Uniform Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To furnish new staff with appropriate style and sets of uniform.
- Records kept up to date and in line with standards set out; documentation saved and signed for.
- To collect all soiled uniforms – separate into washing and dry cleaning garments, prepare paper for laundry stating quantity / names and departments.
- To check accuracy and condition of returned clean uniforms.
- To make sure misuse of uniforms are reported and follow-up is conducted.
- To return clean uniforms to staff against ticket only.
- To check and sort out regularly uniforms. To report necessary write off’s and needed replacements to Supervisor.
- To have uniforms regularly repaired, where possible.
- To make sure opening times in uniform room are observed.
- To make sure workplace is orderly kept and surfaces are cleaned daily.
To make sure all Health and Safety matters relating to uniforms are observed
- 1-3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Great Memory
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Part-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 29.Nov.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: MAK00354