Cluster Training Manager
Full job details
Cluster Learning and Development Join FRHI Makkah as Director of Training, you will oversee the operations of the Training functions for Fairmont, Raffles & Swissôtel Makkah. This person will partner with the FRHI Leadership Team in Makkah to support corporate and government specified learning and development initiatives, strategies and objectives. Key objective is to sustain and enhance the three brands unique culture and values, service delivery and leadership development through implementation and delivery of all madatory brand & standards training.
Property Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Group Director of Human Resources, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all new Colleagues and Leaders attend a New Hire Orientation in adherance with brands standard.
- Oversees leadership development programs for all brands.
- Provide development support and succession management guidance to Group Executive team.
- Prepare the Groups annual training budget, forecast monthly and ensure compliance to financial guidelines for theTraining budget.
- Model and communicate the mission, promises, values and ethical standards set out by Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel.
- Responsible for creating, developing, implementing and assessing the effectiveness of a training and development policy and programs to enhance the overall skills, knowledge, engagement and career development of all Colleagues.
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to Hotel Training Managers.
- Works with Department Heads, Managers and Training Managers to develop and ensure On the Job Training and new hire training programs are implemented and successfully delivered.
- Support department Leaders in the implementation of CES action planning process when necessary.
- In partnership with Training Managers, conducts annual property learning & development needs assessments, and makes recommendations with regards to programs needed.
- Assists Training Managers to prepare property learning budget.
- Ensures all training programs in compliance with law are being delivered (i.e. skills training, food certifications, respectful workplace training, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring the brands core HR standards are being met in Learning & Development section.
- Assists as requested, with team building exercises, retreats, meeting planning and facilitation to support improved individual and team performance.
- Responds to Group needs for Gallup Strengthsfinder coaching and other Executive development as required.
- Supports the Corporate Learning and Development departments as required on the development and implementation of new programs and initiatives.
- Actively participate with local industry associations and academic counsels related to hospitality.
- Develop and implement“add hock” trainings if required to meet the demands of the hotels and workforce.
- Benchmark and documenthotel “best practices” and translate into actionable performance processes which can be implemented company-wide.
- Partner with and empower Training Managers / department Trainers to organise and provide customised training to ensure all learning is time sensitive and exactly what is needed to increase the overall effectiveness of the hotels and organisation.
- Ensure that the brand Training Manager will facilitate brand specific training workshops (as outlined) in accordance with different brand standards.
- Supports new leadership and hourly training programs launched to fill our system-wide performance effectiveness gap.
- Support the property Training Managers and leaders to ensure that the Quality standards are being implemented and used on a daily manner.
Undertakes and performs special projects and assignments as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Business, Hospitality Management or equivalent education and/or experience preferred. Further education in Adult Education and coaching would be a benefit.
- Five or more years experience as a trainer in hospitality, preferably in the local market within a luxury hospitality setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service and positive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Arabic and English), including strong writing and editing abilities and outstanding presentation skills, including ability to professionally speak in public and in front of groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality are critical.
- Certified Train the Trainer.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and motivate colleagues.
- Must be highly organized and energetic and possess the ability to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah Clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims. To find out more, please visit the following sites: http://www.sauditourism.com.sa/en/ http://www.saudi.gov.sa/
Ahlan Wa Sahlan, Welcome to Makkah
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Senior Leadership / Executive Schedule : Part-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 25.Dec.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: MAK00851