Executive Assistant & Membership Coordinator
Executive Assistant & Membership CoordinatorAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Colleagues are with the exceptional service they provide to our guests – and also to one another. Showcase your interpersonal strengths as Executive Assistant & Membership Coordinator, where your administrative and technical expertise will support successful operations and an unforgettable guest experience. Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both the Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Membership Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Personally greeting all internal/external guests, offering support and directing enquiries
- Promote the hotel's gym, pool and beach facilities
- Handle incoming web-site comments / inquiries.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Administer the day-to-day operation of the Executive Office
- Prioritize all telephone calls, in-person visitors and schedule appointments
- Maintain confidential filling system for correspondence, policies, standards, regulations and various matters related to the General Manager’s office
- Assist departmental leaders in completing special projects as required
- Schedule and manage the General Manager’s calendar and travel arrangements.
- Schedule on-site and off-site meetings, conference calls, prepare meeting agendas, take and distribute minutes and complete arrangements for meeting venues and food & beverage as required.
- Draft and/or prepare memorandums and business correspondence ensuring the accuracy of all documents provided.
- Support internal hotel projects, tracking necessary action and updating reports as progress is made (i.e. Hotel vision, annual budget, etc.).
- Assist with and support staff events as appropriate, such as leadership meetings, executive retreats, staff receptions, etc.
- Maintain departmental correspondence.
- Create and develop presentations for General Manager.
- Keep records of General Manager’s expenses and prepare necessary expense reports.
- Maintain contact list and trace file and bring forward daily items to act on appropriate tasks.
- Maintain and track gift certificate/donation files and assists in making reservations.
- Acts as liaison between various departments and General Manager.
- Ensures VIP amenity requests from General Manager are handled in a timely manner.
- Handle all office administration duties.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Perform any other duty in the hotel as required.
- Minimum of three years executive administration experience, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented, and assertive team player willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Excellent time management, organizational, coordination, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to effectively communicate while employing diplomacy with executives within the organization on a global scale.
Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision.
Able to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
Due to the confidential nature of the General Manager function, absolute discretion must be exercised with all documents and information.
Abide to occasionally work overtime when the department is faced with critical deadlines.
Excellent organizational and follow-through skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work within time and budget constraints.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with peers, managers, and a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds.
Excellent English oral and writing skills.
Arabic speaking is an asset.
Female applicants only