Executive Sous Chef
Full job details
W Doha has recently won the Best Hotel & Residences in the Middle East, awarded by the World Travel Awards. Being the first W in the Middle East, we are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle East. Working for a unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Marriott – the biggest hospitality company in the world – will open doors for many future career opportunities. For more information about us, please visit:
The ultimate expression of style and sophistication, W Doha Hotel & Residences infuses your life with the unique combination of casual elegance and urban energy that only W Hotels can provide. Conveniently located in the West Bay of Doha, W Doha Hotel & Residences provides easy access to Doha's shopping destinations, embassies, financial district and culture. W Doha brings the world of entertainment, culinary delights, nightlife and personalized hospitality to Doha with award winning restaurants including amongst others
- Best European Restaurant 2016 by Fact Magazine Awards 2016 for
Market by Jean-Georges
- Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Middle East by BBC Good Food
Middle East for Spice Market by Jean-Georges
- Best Italian Restaurant 2016 by Time Out Doha for La Spiga by
Paper Moon Restaurant
As an Executive Sous Chef you will be part of the Culinary Team reporting to the Executive Chef.
In addition to our award-winning Restaurants, Market by Jean-George, Spice Market by Jean-Georges, La Spiga by Paper Moon, W Doha also features two nightlife outlets with Crystal Lounge and Wahm Lounge as well as Café and an extensive Outside Catering operation.
As an Executive Sous Chef it is your main responsibility to ensure proper kitchen operation in accordance with current standards and objectives in terms of productivity and cost of materials while maintaining an excellent quality of food to ensure highest customer satisfaction and continuous improvement of sales.
It is your further task to:
• Determine supplies that are necessary for the proper functioning of
the kitchen operation
• Control delivery of perishables and monitor the quality of products
• Enforce the necessary steps in terms of productivity, cost of
materials and other expenses while maintaining an excellent quality
• Distribute tasks and enable efficient and effective kitchen operations
to ensure maximum satisfaction for both guests and Talent alike
• Ensure that all orders meet and exceed quality standards
• Communicate required repairs and preventive maintenance of
kitchen equipment with the technical department
• Establish, enforce, maintain prevention measures to avoid accidents
• Respect and enforce hygiene standards in accordance with local
• Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules, daily and
weekly inspections of all sub-sections while monitoring all required
• Organize and conduct departmental meetings and communicating
pertinent information to the Talent as well as conducting monthly
training sessions in order to maximize talent satisfaction, productivity,
guest satisfaction and consequently profitability
• Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline culinary
Talent for the efficient operation of the outlet
• Implement and monitor programs to maintain the condition of hotel
assets in all kitchens.
• Where required develop policy, formulate direction and strategy.
• Undertake additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef
• At least 2 to 3 years of experience in the same position preferably in a renowned hotel chain is required.
• Overall experience of min 5-7 years in the culinary department.
• A High School Diploma and an additional Culinary Apprentice Program are a must.
• Several years of work experience in Banquets and Outside Catering is required.
• Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control
• Extensive knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is a must.
• We want you to be an outstanding coach and mentor with strong leadership skills, committed to the development of your team.