Chef de Partie
• To manage your Kitchen section with regard to supervision of food preparation and service according to set standards, customer satisfaction and high level of sales in line with company policies and regulations.
• Responsible for guiding the Cooks and Commis and in the performance of their jobs in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring daily storeroom requisitions and sufficient supplies during Kitchen operation are rotated and used in a FIFO system.
• Responsible for the proper maintenance and good working order of all equipment.
• Responsible for consistently implementing Policies and Procedures in operating the Kitchen.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining high sanitation standards in the Kitchen.
• Responsible for the Kitchen’s operation in the absence of the Sous Chef.
• Implement all the food policies and procedures in the Kitchen.
• Recognize good quality products and presentation.
• Check and maintain all service standards established for the Kitchen.
• Know the requisition point and par stock level for kitchen supplies.
• Constantly strive for new innovative ideas in menu and new concepts of production and presentation.
• Know and understand all the kitchen policies and procedures in food production.
• Assure sufficient mise-en-place for the elaboration of the all menu according to recipe manuals.
• Direct kitchen brigade in maximising all resources to achieve high quality and excellent all over cost control.
• Recommend corrective actions for unfavourable variances Food cost commitments.
• Manage the preparation and distribution of Kitchen items to all outlets and functions under detailed instructions from Junior Chef.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Reports to the Junior Chef.
Level of Education
A level Areas of study Hospitality Management Professional experiences
3 to 5 years Languages essential
English (Primary tongue) Essential and optional requirements
• Health in good condition
• Fluent in English
• Ability to work on split shifts
• Energetic and able to work in minimal supervision