Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai is on Sheikh Zayed Road, facing Dubai International Financial Center and close to the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center. The hotel is 22 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and directly accessible to the Emirates Towers Metro Station.
The 65 storey tower offers 398 modern and spacious rooms and suites, with views of Dubai overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road, Zabeel Palace and Jumeirah Beach from 26 th till 61 st floor. The hotel's four restaurants and café serve a variety of cuisines from International to Arabic specialties.
Other facilities include the Club Lounge, Business Center, Health Club and Spa. The infinity swimming pool gives views of Jumeirah Beach and the Arabian Sea.
Key Job Responsibilities
As an Executive Housekeeper you are responsible for the operation of all Housekeeping functions in Guestrooms, offices and public areas, including corridors and stairwells whilst establishing standards of cleanliness and appropriate décor of these areas under his/her control and instigating working rules and practices to meet these standards and subsequently make periodic inspections of all areas to check on Housekeeping standards, and issues necessary orders to correct shortcomings.
- Manage, with the aid of the Housekeeping Supervisors, Housekeeping Attendants, Linen Attendants and Order Takers and hence balance colleague working schedules to meet peak and slack period while remaining within Labour Law requirements
- Hire and develop Colleagues whilst maintaining a close payroll control
- Maintain a close liaison and communication with Front Office and Revenue/Groups Departments to ascertain and meet anticipated Guest check-ins and outs, VIP arrivals and group bookings
- Communicate regularly with the Engineering Department to ensure smooth flow of repair work and adequate completion of daily maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance jobs to adhere to the local Government requirements
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the Laundry company to ensure a smooth flow of Rooms linen, uniforms and Food & Beverage linen that has been processed to the required standards of the Hotel
- Organise and manage linen inventories for Guest rooms and assist with Food & Beverage linen inventories to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained
- Maintain and manage the overall functions of the Linen Room and repair services to the established standards.
- Maintain the inventory of Guestroom and cleaning supplies, ordering replacements when necessary, whilst keeping a strict control on expenses to ensure that they are within budgets that have been set.
- Prepare the Annual Housekeeping (FF&E) and Operating Equipment Budget in consultation with Management and make recommendations for the modernization of equipment, methods or supplies by regularly meeting with salesman or outside consultants in order to keep informed about developments and also by attending Hotel Trade shows
- Work with the Engineering, Management on rehabilitation, or redecorating plans and Room History Records
- Maintain the internal renovation records i.e. Room Decor Reference File, maintain a close working relationship with the Purchasing Department to ensure regular purchase and flow of supplies and to keep a close supervision on Housekeeping storeroom inventories
- Organize the night cleaning operation of offices and public spaces, health club facilities, pool areas to maintain cleanliness
- Concrete 5 star working experience for at least 3 years in a hotel
- Previous international experience with multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to provide outstanding customer satisfaction, maintain positive colleague relations and effectively train the team
Primary Location : AE-DU-Dubai Job : Housekeeping Organization : Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai Schedule : Regular Shift : Standard Job Type : Full-time Day Job Job Posting : Oct 30, 2016, 1:22:21 PM