Marketing and Communications Manager
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop, proactively manage and implement the annual hotel marketing and PR plan to include media relations, social media, internal communications, eCommerce, brand recognition and loyalty marketing within budget guidelines
- Responsible for measuring key performance indicators relating to all marketing and PR activities, promotions and campaigns, and producing performance reports for all key stakeholders
- Manage the roll out of marketing and PR initiatives to support the hotel in meeting their targets, also by leveraging key function activity with regional marketing, corporate communications, eCommerce, marketing operations, strategic partnerships
- Oversee the execution of all promotional activities, whether local, regional or global, across all available channels, ensuring brand adherence and effectiveness
- Manage all media relations activities and information, including maintaining and distributing press kits, press releases, photo library, brochures, newsletters, key personnel biographies and hotel question and answer sheet
- Oversee media visits and develop key media contacts, manage press conferences on site and be aware of media events and activities in the local area and community
- As the key media liaison, source and pitch interesting, newsworthy stories relating to the hotel including, but not limited to MICE, F&B, rooms, spa, architecture and design, team members and corporate responsibility
- Ensure sales and F&B teams receive full marketing and PR support including collateral
- Always be the brand champion ensuring all marketing collateral conforms to agreed brand standards and content is compliant of corporate guidelines and within budget guidelines
- Support individual brand initiatives and ensure hotel brand campaigns are rolled out effectively and communicated using the right tone of voice for each segment
- Manage internal communications in the hotel and take responsibility for updating regional office of any local stories, awards and sponsorship events to promote locally, regionally and globally
- Work closely with the ecommerce team and develop, manage and grow a tailored social media strategy to drive engagement and grow loyalty driving footfall into the hotel and Food and Beverage outlets
- To recognise and execute opportunities hotel level for CRM and database requirements
- Support the Director of Sales and Marketing in developing marketing and PR strategy and demonstrate clear outcomes that work to support the commercial strategy of the business
- Identify local partnership opportunities with the regional team, and oversee the on-going execution of revenue driving activities
- Respond to customer postings as appropriate tackling any complaints and issues
- College and or University degree in Media and Advertising and or equivalent experience gained from an International Hotel chain.
- Previous Marketing experience in a similar environment with minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Marketing/Sales Department in a four/five star Hotel of an international Hotel chain
- Experience of managing and motivating a team along with evidence of driving successful team results
- Prior experience of developing, creating and managing promotional campaigns and marketing and PR activities with associated costs and working to budget restraints
- Complete understanding of key functions relating to marketing and PR strategies and initiatives whilst managing multiple work streams
- Experience in developing and implementing effective and realistic marketing and PR plans and strategies, including budget evaluation, extensive communication written work, management and reporting
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with various levels of management
- Outstanding communication skills in all areas of writing, listening and speaking English.
- Communicates key information effectively to all levels of management using a variety of communication tools
Primary Location : AE-Dubai Job : Sales & Marketing Organization : Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai Schedule : Regular Shift : Standard Employee Status : Manager Job Type : Full-time Job Level : Day Job Travel : No Job Posting : Nov 23, 2016, 6:04:19 AM