Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that the meat prepared from carcass to the finished product is of an excellent standard and meat displays are of the highest quality
- Constantly develop new products and review existing products to ensure that the butchery continues to offer excellent products with sustainable and profitable margins
- Be responsible for all butchery staff and resolve any staff issues appropriately
- Oversee the training of all new butchery staff and attend annual reviews for all butchery staff.
- Ensure all front of house staff assigned to the butchery are trained to the highest level in exceptional customer service
- Ensure their training includes knowledge of meat cuts, varieties and basic cooking tips.
- Counter staff must be trained before using any machinery, chemical, health and safety and food hygiene procedures and processes whilst working in the butchery department.
- Assist the staffing coordinator in appointing new butchery staff, attending interviews as necessary
- Help to ensure that all Farm shop staff carry out their duties to the best of their abilities at all times, liaising with the other supervisors where appropriate
- Be responsible for the production and supply of a consistently high standard of meat prepared for wholesale to other departments and across the group hotels.
- Qualifications in Butchery preferable but experience as a Butcher is essential
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to effectively present Meat and respond to questions from customers Good oral communication
Primary Location : AE-Dubai Job : Kitchen Organization : Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai Schedule : Regular Shift : Standard Employee Status : Manager Job Type : Full-time Job Level : Rotating Travel : No Job Posting : Sep 28, 2016, 6:29:37 AM