Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinates work activities among departments
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
- Selects and purchases new furnishings
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective business communication skills.
- General office skills, including phone etiquette and basic accounting skills.
- Effective typing/writing skills.
- Being capable of self-supervision.
- Effective teaching skills.
- Willingness to enforce Company and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of products used and chemical safety relating to Housekeeping