Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare and service multicultural recipes and menus ensuring consistency in taste and presentation of all food items
- Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such
- Ensuring freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensuring food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards;
- Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area.
- Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies.
- Depth of skill & knowledge expected to acquire, grown and attain with each year.
- Commis 3 must be able to work with minimal supervision & has basic supervisory skills & responsibilities for Cook’s Helpers.
- Maintains the health, security & safety standards
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Must have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills
- Must be passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time.
- Must be a positive, dynamic, creative and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies