Commis I - Oriental Kitchen
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Focuses on the highest possible quality standards
- Goes above and beyond guest expectations in order to encourage repeat business
- Is able to define and develop high quality standards of food preparation and presentation
- Supports the kitchen team in food production
- Prepares and services all food items according to Hotel recipes and standards
- Ensures consistency in taste and presentation of all food items.
- Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties
- Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen
- Has the ability and flexibility to be scheduled for opening and closing shifts in
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef
- Assumes responsibilities of the Chef de Partie in their absence
- Performs other related duties as required
- Potential candidate must be traditionally trained in Arabic cuisine
- Must have experience in a four or five star property
- Should have experience in creating occasionally modern/creative Arabic cuisine
- Extremely high standard and quality product oriented
- Experience with well-known international chefs would be an advantage
Primary Location : AE-Dubai Job : Kitchen Organization : Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai Schedule : Regular Shift : Standard Employee Status : Entry Level Job Type : Full-time Job Level : Rotating Travel : No Job Posting : Aug 6, 2016, 6:19:18 AM