MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR (Male ) - Holiday Inn Kuwait - Salmiya
Full job details
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As a Martial Arts Instructor, He must plan classes and tailor them to the skill level of the students. Classes might include teaching new techniques, practicing strikes on pads or heavy bags, sparring, meditation, stretching, conditioning and discussing the history or philosophy of the art. Instructors should be available before and after class to speak with students, answer questions and make sure students are on track to reach their goals. Instructors also administer exams for students to advance to the next belt level. Instructors will often travel to competitions to coach students. In many schools, instructors also handle administrative duties such as calling and enrolling prospective students, monthly billing, and maintaining inventory of uniforms, belts and other training equipment and gear.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Guides students and prospective students through the various levels of curriculum introductory, group and private Lessons. Is skilled in performing and teaching levels of curriculum up to and including Black Belt levels. Maintains high level of enthusiasm and positive reinforcement in the classroom.
· Solicits prospective students both inside by distributing guest passes, asking for referrals and using other prospecting techniques approved Holiday Inn.
· Assists the telemarketing team in following up on all prospects with effective telephone and mail contact to help them to join.
· Assists the HC Team in upgrading existing students to memberships of greater value by adding family members and converting Trial Memberships to Black Belt Club Memberships; conducts Progress Checks for prospective Black Belt Club Memberships.
· Coordinates with HC Manager to qualify prospective Black Belt Club students. Creates desire for all students to attain Black Belt levels.
· Assists in keeping students and prospective students motivated throughout their lessons. Encourages students to maintain regular class attendance and regular practice at home. Knows all students by first name.
· Has thorough understanding of criteria for student belt examinations; implements school requirements; fills out all necessary paperwork; meets daily, weekly, monthly. and quarterly instructing goals.
· Prepares for, attends and participates in Staff Meetings; successfully masters concepts for effective Martial Arts instruction; continues to improve instructing techniques through additional training, role playing, studying of MATA videos and related material.
· Constantly evaluates instruction strategy to identify improvement areas. Strives to apply knowledge and application of all instructing skills in order improve measurable instructing performance, such as attendance percentage, number of examinees, retention and number of Black Belt candidates.
· Maintains complete knowledge of history, philosophy, and policies; maintains thorough knowledge of local and national industry trends; maintains thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, curriculum, tuition, and promotion strategies – including instructing techniques.
· Maintains impeccable levels of personal physical fitness, attitude, and appearance. Must be advancing toward next rank in Martial Arts.
· Assists in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the facility; maintains cleanliness and organization of classroom and locker rooms.
· Influences other staff members to perform at their maximum capability; motivates and inspires co-workers.
· Performs various other duties and assignments as necessary or required.
In return we'll give you a generous financial and benefits package including accommodation, uniform, free meals on duty, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
· Requires an outgoing personality with the ability to effectively communicate and inspire; must be Black Belt with previous teaching experience.
· Requires a sincere interest in self-improvement and continuing education. Requires the ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm on a daily basis and strong desire to help others reach their goals.
· Requires the ability and desire to learn more about Martial Arts, interpersonal communication, and teaching techniques.
· Requires a personal commitment to living the principles of Black Belt Excellence and total and patient dedication to the progress of the student, regardless of age, gender or athletic ability.
· Martial Arts Certificates
· Male only
· Conversant in English