Commis II - (FB-P-G-C2.21)
Full job details
Scope of Work:
Under the general guidance of Chef De Partie or delegate carries out the basic food preparation in the section assigned as per the established standards.
1. Ensure required mis-en-place is complete prior to the outlets opening hours.
2. All preset standards for food production, food service and presentation are to be strictly followed at all times.
3. Check daily the fridges for spoilage.
4. Report any maintenance issues to the Sous Chef.
5. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
6. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
7. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
8. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
9. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
10. Contributes to achievement of maintaining food costs as per budget.
11. To minimize food wastage and spoilage.
12. To actively participate in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
13. Attends all required management meetings.
14. Ensure that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
15. Strictly follows the hotel FSMS Program, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
16. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
17. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
18. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Executive Chef.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of HACCP Systems and Requirements
Good Working Knowledge of Hot & Cold Kitchen
Intermediate Spoken English and Written English
Very Good Working Knowledge of HACCP Systems and Requirements
Very Good Working Knowledge of Hot & Cold Kitchen
Advanced Spoken English and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Commis III or Equivalent
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Commis III or Equivalent in Hotels