Coordinator, Conference and Catering Services
Full job details
Coordinator, Conference and Catering ServicesThe Conference and Catering Services Coordinator is responsible to support and assist the Groups, Conference Services and Catering Managers in their daily functions as well as to ensure the efficient functioning of the Sales & Catering office.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Conference and Carering Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure that all inquiries are entered into the inquiry sheet and responded to
- Handle all internal meeting / function requirements
- Prepare BEOs, contracts and proposals.
- Print daily events log for the morning briefing
- Responsible for recording and maintaining files
- Handle Credit application process.
- Ensure the distribution of BEOs to all departments
- Send out updates from BEO meeting.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Assist Managers with emailing of contracts.
- Maintain current sales & catering promotional literature and have a complete knowledge of hotel’s services and facilities
- Maintain stock of stationary and collateral in the Catering Office
- Assist in the organization and coordination of specific functions and promotions / client events.
- Assist in various office statistics, reports and presentations.
- Assist Managers with Site Inspections
- Minimum one year experience in a luxury Hotel environment or two year exposure to Catering/Banquet Operation.
- Full proficiency in all office procedures and clerical duties.
- Computer experience at intermediate to advanced level is mandatory with knowledge of Windows 2000 (Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Access) and Opera.
- Keyboarding speed of 75 wpm will be an advantage.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills, creativity and be a self starter.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and be self-efficient.
- Must be flexible on timings during peak periods.
- Arabic speaker is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com www.ask-ali.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 30.Nov.2016, 7:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01243