Assistant Revenue Manager - (RM-C-ARVM.6)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of allotted Revenue & Reservations Department.
1. Establish the Strategic plan in conjunction with sales for all markets.
2. Monitor selling strategies daily to maximize revenues.
3. Identify possible revenue streams.
4. Maximization of Rooms and F&B Revenue.
5. To ensure a Commercial approach is applied to all business.
6. Strategic planning through the use of analysis and reports.
7. To ensure all revenue related systems are kept up to date with accurate information and Danat Hotels & Resorts standards are complied with fully.
8. Ensure data accuracy by monitoring the rate discrepancy and pick up daily.
9. To monitor against plan key performance targets to ensure goals are achieved.
10. Track and establish pick up trends, occupancy history and market segment development to facilitate forecasting.
11. Control rooms inventory including allocation and reservations to areas of maximum yield and blackout dates.
12. Ensure available technology (PMS, E-channels and GDS) is fully utilized and understood according to property specific business mix and requirements.
13. To identify and propose the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and pre determined seasonality.
14. To identify and propose tactical offers to generate incremental revenues.
15. To prepare weekly accurate 3 months forecast for hotel daily rooms revenue.
16. Understand the dynamics of the Global, National, Regional & Local Political and Economic Market, local Competitors and all demand generators for the destination.
17. Search and make contracts with new TPIs to increase the market penetration and hotel Revenue.
18. Set monthly targets of up selling revenue for Reservations department.
19. To propose incremental revenue generators to maximize overall hotel revenue.
20. To continuously manipulate availability & rates while ensuring parity across all distribution channels. This allows maximum flexibility to capture all market buying patterns while optimizing REVPAR.
21. Drive Projects related to revenue management.
22. To ensure all standards and processes and procedures for Revenue Management are followed.
23. To identify all opportunities to find the right price for the right customer at the right time.
24. Monitor competitor pricing, understands the dynamic of local market and the demand generators, and recommend appropriate actions.
25. Ensure hotel is represented accurately on all distribution channels.
26. Understand competitors through competitor intelligence information.
27. A Co-Operate with the Sales team to ensure that all Groups are maintained and following up with them on the option date and update the PMS accordingly.
28. Liaise with Sales and Marketing to ensure all promotion / programs are fully understood and right for the business.
29. Ensure the monthly reporting to the regional/corporate office is adhered to in a timely manner.
30. Providing the sales and marketing function with current, accurate information on both the internal reservation situation and the external climate which the hotel operates.
31. Demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure that the Reservations Department colleagues continually follow the same.
32. Keeps updated with new product in the market.
33. Conducts performance evaluations for Revenue and Reservation colleagues including: probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
34. Trains and supports the team on system functionality to maximize usage of the hotel based electronic systems.
35. Manages the performance of the Reservations Manager and the Revenue Teams.
36. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
37. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
38. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
39. Ensure that quality of reservation is maintained in terms of guest details, rates, payment methods etc.
40. Track sales programmes/promotions/advertising and provide feedback as necessary to relevant departments
41. Monitor competitor availability and pricing on a daily basis, using all available tools such as Industry Reports, Internet, Ring Around, Dummy Bookings etc, and subsequently analyze & report actual performance versus competitive set.
42. Ensure optimal use, and measure performance on all distribution channels, to ensure that fair market share is achieved if not surpassed, e.g. GDS, and e-channels.
43. Assist the Sales & Marketing Team in devising marketing campaigns, to ensure that the Hotel reaches the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
44. Responsible to drive maximum revenues through all available Booking channels by applying relevant pricing and inventory management.
45. To actively participate in the production of the hotel?s annual budget and to assist in the creation, update and evaluation of the hotel Strategy Plan.
46. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives, and ensures all Revenue colleagues follow the same.
47. Attends management meetings and daily briefings as required.
48. Conducts weekly revenue meetings with General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, Financial Controller, F&B Manager and other Heads of revenue generating departments as required.
49. Strictly adheres to the hotel's policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
50. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
51. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the General Manager/Revenue Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Property Management Systems
Basic Working Knowledge of CRS and Revenue Management Systems
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Social Media and e-Marketing
Basic Working Knowledge of Market Intelligence
Basic Working Knowledge of Local Competitors Differences & Trends
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Senior Role within Reservation, Revenue or Front Office in 5 Star Hotels
Additional Experience of all Hotel Operating Departments including Finance