Duty Manager - (RD-FO-D-DM.6)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under general supervision and within the limits of the hotel policies and Procedures, acts as a Hotel management representative for the purpose of ensuring maximum levels of guest service and satisfaction and Front Office management in their absence and other department's heads when necessary.
1. Ensure the full knowledge of the Hotel's policies and procedures and complies with them. Should be knowledgeable about preventive maintenance and emergency procedures.
2. Maintains effective communication with all other departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
3. Provides supportive functional assistance to all departments particularly Front Office.
4. Interacts with hotel guests as well as members of the local community.
5. Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with all departments through establish channels, particularly Front Office. Establishes and maintains effective colleague relations and interdepartmental relationships.
6. Double-checks the daily arrival, cancellation, no-show, and VIP reports for accuracy.
7. Reacts to situations as needed to ensure that guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel. Responds to guests needs and resolves related problems.
8. Is aware of all expected VIP arrivals and departures and those already in-house and is familiar with the names, affiliation and room numbers as an indication of personal courtesy and recognition. Meet VIP guests upon arrival and escorts them to the rooms as required.
9. Monitors remaining due outs and rooms discrepancies and accords necessary extensions after usual check out time.
10. Conducts room inspections as required on a rotating basis to ensure hotel standards are met, inspects all VIP rooms prior to the arrival of guests to ensure that the rooms are in perfect order and that the VIP courtesies specified are tastefully and appropriately placed.
11. Makes sure that the Front and Back of the House, particularly the public areas, are clean and orderly.
12. Read through the daily arrivals/departures report, paying special attention to repeat guests or guests who have requested special arrangements or who had previously filed a complaint on their last visit.
13. Responsible for the control/safekeeping/endorsement of keys (master keys for guestrooms).
14. Ensures that the event board has accurate information.
15. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics and proactively encourages all Front Office Night Team colleagues to continually follow the same.
16. Keeps updated with all new trends in hotel services as well as relevant local and international laws and new products in the market.
17. Provides feedback on performance for the purpose of performance evaluations for Front Office Night Team colleagues' probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
18. Conduct departmental training as required and maintain training records.
19. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
20. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
21. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
22. Coordinate with the Credit Manager regarding the credit standing of travel agencies and corporate firms and refunding or cancellation of reservations with deposits.
23. Check special package rates, new accounts and new rates and checks accuracy of all contracted rates inputted in the system.
24. To actively participates in all energy saving and recycling initiatives.
25. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
26. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Front Office Department.
27. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
28. To ensure self and Front Office colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
29. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Assistant Front Office/Front Office Manager
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Front Office Procedures
Good Working Knowledge of Opera
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of General Hotel Operations
Additional Spoken Languages
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Any Field
Minimum of 2-Years Experience as a FO Shift Leader/Supervisor Within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience as a FO Shift Leader/Supervisor Within 5 Star Hotels
Previous experience working within hotels in the UAE