Director Of Sales - (SM-B1-DOS.8)
Full job details
- Prior experience in the UAE market is mandatory.
- Arabic speaking candidate is preferable for the position
Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing/General Manager, overseas and directs all aspects of the hotel's sales operations, including direct sales, sales solicitation, sales administration and public relations.
1. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing in preparing the annual Business Plan in conjunction with General Manager and other Hotel Management.
2. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing in producing, implementing and monitoring action plans to ensure Business Plan objectives are achieved.
3. Analyses current and potential markets/trends, co-ordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rates.
4. Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring contact with airlines, travel agencies, commercial houses, private clubs and professional associations within local, domestic UAE and international markets.
5. Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts, incentive buyers, airlines and wholesalers, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications.
6. Creates and implements special programs to achieve greater productivity through:
? Increasing average rate
? Increasing occupancy
? Increasing business volume during difficult periods
? Increasing local food and beverage banqueting sales
7. Monitors new accounts and monthly productivities and report back.
8. Ensures the hotel is represented as an active member of the local community through association membership.
9. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing in directing all sales activities for Sales Managers to ensure they meet the goals of the Revenue Plan.
10. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing with weekly reviews of sales team activities to ensure targets and sales objectives are being met.
11. Meets with guests from major producers/organisers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction.
12. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions in conjunction with the department heads, to best expedite these situations.
13. Produces monthly Sales Report and forecasts.
14. Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel.
15. Establishes and continuously updates mailing lists.
16. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing with arranging and conducting Sales Blitzes, every year in the local market.
17. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensures the whole of the Sales & Marketing department continually follows the same.
18. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
19. Conducts performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
20. Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
21. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
22. Personally conducts training for Sales & Marketing colleagues as required.
23. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
24. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
25. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
26. Participates in the preparation of all Rolling Forecasts for the hotel using DH&R designated formats.
27. Drives revenue generation through continual activities to source new sales leads.
28. Establishes the hotel?s rate structure in accordance with the hotel?s positioning, objectives and company policies subject to the General Manager?s approval.
29. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives and ensures all Sales & Marketing colleagues follow the same.
30. In the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing attends management meetings and daily briefings as required.
31. Ensures effective two way communication within the department by regular departmental communication meetings and daily briefings.
32. Participates in the weekly revenue meetings with General Manager, Revenue Manager, Financial Controller, F&B Manager and other Heads of revenue generating departments as required.
33. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Sales & Marketing department.
34. Strictly adheres to the hotel's policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
35. To ensure self and all Sales & Marketing colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
36. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing/General Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of Creating Sales & Marketing Strategies
Excellent Working Knowledge of Creating and Maintaining Business Accounts
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of OPERA /PMS Systems
Good Working Knowledge of On-Line Distribution Channels
Masters Degree in Business Management
Masters Degree in Sales & Marketing
Minimum 1-Year Experience as an Assistant Director of Sales in 4 or 5 Star Hotels
Minimum 1-Year Experience as an Assistant Director of Sales in 4 or 5 Star Hotels in the UAE/GCC