Recreation Receptionist - (RD-SR-G-RR.6)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance of the Spa & Recreation Manager or delegate, responsible for providing service excellence to all hotel guests and recreation members.
1. Interacts with guests as well recreation members and individuals in the local community.
2. Ensures the safe and efficient delivery of all recreational services and facilities to hotel guests and recreation members at all times.
3. To ensure the utmost due diligence is in regards to the safety of all hotel guests and club members whilst using the facilities.
4. Has complete knowledge of all recreation services, facilities as well as other hotel services and facilities.
5. Assists the Spa & Recreation Manager to ensure that all hotel guests and recreation members are provided with the correct information and knowledge on use of the facilities as well as club rules and regulations for the safety and convenience of all users.
6. Ensures the reception desk and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
7. Ensures that that the reception desk is kept manned at all times.
8. Ensures there is a ready supply of towels for members and guests.
9. Ensures that all signage is kept up to date and highly visible to guests for their safe use of the recreational facilities.
10. Ensures the implemented booking procedure for all recreation services and facilities are carried out at all times.
11. Assists with the selling of memberships and pro-shop sales as well as equipment rentals within the health club.
12. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
13. Keeps updated with the latest market trends and new products.
14. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
15. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
16. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
17. Assist the Spa & Recreation Manager to control departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
18. Actively participate in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
19. Attends department meetings as required.
20. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
21. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
22. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
23. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Spa & Recreation Manager
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Reception Operation
Basic Working Knowledge of General Recreation Activities
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Membership Administration
Basic Working Knowledge of Retail Sales
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Receptionist
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Recreation Receptionist within Hotels