Pastry Chef De Partie
- Job Level
Pastry Chef De Partie Department: Kitchen Property: Constance Ephelia Region: Seychelles Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract Description
The Chef De Partie is to assist the Sous Chef in producing quality food, cost effectively
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- May be asked to act as #2 or 3 of the outlet / kitchen, according to performances and sense of responsibility
- May be replacing the sous chef when absent.
- Is responsible for a designated section of the kitchen, as per instructions from Sous chef / Chef De Cuisine
- Ensures that all food placed under the responsibility of the CDP respects CERS standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety, as well as timing
- Ensures that all food of the section respects at all times the hygiene standards in force in the resort
- Inspects areas daily and ensures that standards of cleanliness and order of areas are respected
- CDP is personally in charge of the order, cleanliness of his section, including related refrigerators and cold rooms
- Ensures that wastage and spoilage is controlled in the section. Immediately reports any non-conformance to sous chef
- Must inform the sous chef or Chef de Cuisine of any HR issue in the section
- Participates in technical training related to the outlet. May be asked to assist in producing all relevant documents related to training matters.
- Ensures that all section team members follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect CES procedures.
- Prepares food requisitions for the section and submits to the sous chef
- May be asked to participate directly in activities related to fire safety, first aid, or other security-related matters
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed with consistency in the section
- Records temperatures of the section according to HACCP standards
Candidate Requirements :
- Certificate in Kitchen Food Production
- Minimum 2 years experience in culinary operations as Demi-Chef De Partie
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures.
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather