Recreation Attendant (Buggy driver)
JOB SUMMARYAs club car driver is to provide an excellent and consistent Service using the Resort Shuttle Service.You are responsible for the smooth operation of the Buggy, Activities, Fitness Center, Constance Kids Club and he/she is to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. Be knowledgeable of all your duties and follow the set guidelines Standards of Operation (SOP) and checklists for Recreation Department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
For this position it shall includes but not limited to the following areas and duties, at management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- At all times present a healthy and well maintained appearance and proper grooming
- Be reliable and punctual at all times.
- Greet all clients with name recognition, a welcoming smile and a clear but soft tone of voice.
- To consult guests, and to respond to their individual needs and requirements.
- Handle guest complaints with a sense of ownership in a calm and solution-oriented manner.
- Keep your work area clean and organized
- To provide a courteous and motivating service to all guests.
- Maintain all assets with regular care and maintenance as necessary
- Assist Guest with information about the surrounding areas and check back with them frequently to ensure satisfaction
- Administer basic first aid as necessary.
- To ensure your buggy is clean before starting duty. Check the buggy at regular intervals for cleanliness whilst on duty.
- As guest approaches, stands with proper body posture next to the club car and greets guest with a smile.
- While driving, friendly and polite conversation may be engaged.
- Buggies should not be driven fast, should be driven smoothly, taking special care of the guest’s comfort, stability and security.
- It is compulsory when embarking and disembarking guests, to step out and check before going.
- Stick to your route as assigned at the start of your shift. The only exception for door to door pick up and drop off is for special buggy priority guests which are define as per management only.
- Club cars are not left long unattended in front of the hotel, or in any other guest area.
- Mobile phones shall not be used while driving, unless for professional use. Cautiously bring the club car to halt before answering the phone. Texting/sms are not allowed whilst on duty.
- Buggy drivers are not allowed to drive the guest through back of house area.
- For your safety, buggy drivers are not allowed to overload the buggy. Safety policy – one seat can be occupied by two clients maximum
- Follow SGAW
S – Stand
G – Greet
A – Announce
W – Wait & Sit
- Be knowledgeable in using Booking software in order to provide flawless service and an effective booking situation.
- Participate actively in all our activities programe and interact with guests in a professional manner.
- To provide surveillance in the gym, ensuring that cardiovascular and muscular equipment are being used as per advised norms
- Always stay informed on Department activities and actively promote the same.
- Ensure all Activities start at scheduled time and ensure sufficient water and seating available.
- To be fully aware of the Bicycle Rental services and other paying activities and procedures
- Management of all related billing procedures in an effective and professional manner.
- Daily cleaning and after each guest usage of fitness center changing rooms, reception, gym, squash, tennis, pantry, aerobic………
- Assist guest with information about the surrounding areas and check back with them frequently to ensure satisfaction.
- Provide answers and information to guests about the Constance Kids Club
- Work along with other department and co-workers as part of a team.
- Directly supervises a group of up to 5 children and ensures their personal safety during club operations.
- Delivers program in a way that is fun and exciting to children through showmanship and entertaining presentation.
- Leads various recreational, educational and interpretive programs for children.
- Engages and involves children in all aspects of the program from gaming activities to crafts to pool time.
- Ensures the registration and assessment of the facility is maintained and reporting any problem areas to the Kids Club Manager.
- Plans and prepares appropriate range of activities, showing variety from week to week to enhance child development.
- Assists the Crèche Team in planning and organizing of activities taking into account the developmental and cultural needs of children.
- Participates actively in the daily activities by being creative, active and proactive.
- Helps to maintain a high level of hygiene and security in the CKC and during activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as Buggy driver/Bellman/Porter
- Must be able to communicate in English & French
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must.
- Energetic, flexible and can handle pressure.
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety procedures will be a plus
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather