PR & Sales Manager, German Market Specialist
The PR & Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent standards of service and high levels of guest satisfaction, especially focused on German language speaking guests (as applicable), VIP, groups and commercial counterparts. The PR & Sales Manager also supports the long-term management of guests’ experience in the resort. T his position acts as host and public relations of the resort and includes assisting, directing, controlling and coordinating all guests’ related activities while acting as a the main point of contact between the management and guests. The PR & Sales Manager is responsible for the overall promotion and sales of the resort services, including training of employees in relation to products and special offers/ packages. The PR & Sales Manager is also the point of contact between the resort and the Head Office departments, namely Marketing, Communications, Groups & Incentives, E-Business and the DMCs, Constance Sales Offices and partners concerning requests, issues and support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities, and may be revised from time to time, depending on the business exigencies.
- Liaise with the Front Office, Guest Relation and Reservation Departments of the hotel to obtain all necessary information (arrivals, departures and in-house guests) on the various profiles, i.e. groups, VIPs, Commercially Important Customers, major partners, top players etc.
- Support the Guest Relation in the welcome, arrival experience, assist with registration, escorting/ rooming the guest with particular focus on VIP and German language speaking guests (as applicable)
- Support in obtaining guest feedback during clients stay, ensuring effective recording (reports and Guest History) and that follow up is carried out.
- Coordinate with the Central Reservation Office and Groups & Incentives for follow up on special offers, visits, eductours etc.
- To proactively support in managing the guests' experience and focus on improving guest satisfaction at all times through Guest Satisfaction score analysis and communication.
- Ensure that the group’s properties are effectively represented with the appropriate advertising material (brochure, flyers, Website, TV display) and through the appropriate communication media in Mauritius.
- Anticipate potential problems or requests and initiate necessary actions to ensure guests’ wellbeing at all times.
- Ensure follow up on guest issues/ complaints until resolution and inform guests of regular updates
- To actively participate in weekly Management cocktail and promote the resort’s products while identifying sales opportunities
- Recommend to management on the release of special amenities to hotel guests who have specific needs, e.g. may celebrate a special occasion, suffer illness, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with the other departments of the hotel – F&B, Kitchen, Housekeeping, Spa etc… – to find and implement swift and practical solutions to guests’ problems.
- Ensure personalized departure farewell is done for VIP, foreign language speaking and regular guests.
- Prepare communication for hotel highlights, i.e. Hotel Monthly Newsletter and work in close collaboration with the Communications Dept.
- Update the internal communication system provided to guest on all hotel products, events and services.
- Organise, lead on and participate in promotional activities, events, visits and hosting of eductours, groups, commercial partners and counterparts and potential high value clients
- Creating an annual activity plan (to be updated on monthly basis) by setting promotional goals and financial targets.
- Develop and implement digital marketing techniques within the resort
- Coordinate social media activities, including but not limited to feeding information through Instagram, Resort’s Facebook, Twitter
- Assist in the translation of any correspondences, comments, menus, social media and internal communications and conversations as and when required.
- Upselling activities, incl. special promotions which are communicated on the local market
- Perform any cognate duties as may be required by the management.
- Fluent in German (native) and English, both verbal and written
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry on a similar position or 5 years in PR, Sales and Marketing environment in other industries.
- Experience working in top of the range large luxury resorts of over 180 rooms with refined services for the discerning and demanding traveler will be an advantage
- A previous international exposure will be an advantage
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or Marketing or equivalent will be an advantage
- Any additional language (French, other) will be an advantage.
- Outgoing personality, natural charisma
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure and at odd hours