Chef De Partie - PASTRY
A Chef De Partie with Hilton Al Ain is responsible for optimal support of the kitchen chef in departmental management.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Chef De Partie, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Independent management of the assigned posts in the kitchen area
- Responsible for the sequence of the breakfast buffet, breakfast in the Clubroom, room service breakfast
- Advice to guests and customers and immediate handling of complaints
- Carry out inventories
- Monitoring the flow of goods
- Give instructions to and manage the kitchen commis and kitchen apprentices
- Communication with all employees in the service area
- Documentation of the HACCP lists for all store rooms and observing the HACCP bases for all the relevant areas
- Cooperation in creating decorations in the buffet area for restaurant, banqueting and Clubroom area.
- Monitoring goods at the goods in point in co-operation with the Purchasing Supervisor
- Responsible for the posts allocated, including development of the post to final cleaning and complete mise–en–place, as well as the ordering of goods for the requirements of the post
- Identification with trends on the gastronomic scene and in food presentation
- Participation in training courses
- Fulfilment of all tasks taking account of the established standards
- Timely employee management
Note: Standard text will be populated when loaded in Taleo. No information needs to be provided in this section.
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Worldwide offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Al Ain where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematics (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division) to create and interpret reports, budgets, and forecasts.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- Extensive knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- Ability to analyze, forecast, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to safely operate complex food preparation machinery.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to supervise a large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme temperature ranges (hot and cold).
- Effectively conduct meetings, menu briefings, and maintain communication lines between team members and management personnel.
- Ability to stand, walks, and or sit continuously to perform the essential functions of job for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to collect accurate information from these customers to resolve conflicts.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product taste, texture, and quality, and evaluate presentation and preparation.
- Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest ooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry