Pit Supervisor - Mandarin Speakers
Come join our team!
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the security and integrity of the Casino Operation is not compromised. Patrons and Dealers alike need to be vigilantly monitored.
- Ensure all of the Dealers follow the directives as set down in the Casino Operations Manual.
- Ensure Dealers execute correct settlement of wagers and perform financial transactions accurately.
- Ensure that the Dealers are performing their duties to the highest standards.
- Maintain the security of sensitive gaming equipment within an assigned area and be responsible for the security as such.
- Supervise the opening and closing of gaming tables checking that all documentation is true and correct.
- Authorize and record all table fills and credits. Assist with Slot hopper fills and hand pays (jackpots/cancelled credits) up to $5000
- Assign Dealers within the pit and monitor their activity.
- Correct reporting and accounting of gaming tables under their Supervision.
- Minimum five years of Casino Table experience is required.
- Minimum one year of experience is required, in 4 games or more of the following games: Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, 3-Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Baccarat, Craps, Pai Gow Poker, or Texas Hold'em.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Game mechanics and Game Security are required. Current Gaming license is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, Russian, French or Italian is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Micros and Fidelio Cruise is required.
- Minimum high school diploma or foreign equivalent is required. Some related college education is preferred.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.