Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising®, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on the most contemporary ships at sea.
Oceania Cruises is the clear market leader in the upper premium cruise segment featuring the finest cuisine at sea, elegant accommodations, impeccable service and destination-driven itineraries.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises redefined upscale cruising and is the market leader in the luxury cruise segment with all-suite accommodations, highly personalized service and the industry’s most inclusive luxury experience, featuring round-trip air, inclusive luxury hotel stays, unlimited shore excursions and open bar throughout the ship among its numerous included amenities.
Countless career opportunities for you.
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company's Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – R espect, I ntegrity, T rust and E xcellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- his allocated area.
- Stands engine watch as instructed by the Staff Chief Engineer and Engineer of the Watch.
- Maintain an efficient and alert watch in engine room during assigned period.
- During watch duty, continuously supervise Machinery Spaces and promptly report malfunctioning and abnormal conditions to Engineer of the Watch.
- Dedicate particular attention to bilge condition, upon request of Engineer of the Watch execute cleaning and maintenance under supervision.
- Ensure that during the watch duty, all Engineering Spaces have been duly inspected and abnormal situations promptly reported.
- Do not voluntarily operate any machine without previous authorization and supervision of Engineer of the Watch.
- Assist to duty motormen.
- Assists with general maintenance of the ship including cleaning, painting and repairs.
- Any spillage or cause of pollution is promptly reported and adequately controlled and cleaned.
- Implement all safe working practices in all tasks, including proper use of watertight doors, handling of chemical products and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Any additional duties as directed by the Staff Chief Engineer.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- The Oiler qualifications shall conform to all International and National conventions and regulations as required by the Flag State, and by the STCW 95.
- Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
- Knowledge of the Company SMS.
- Skills including but not limited to:
- Team Work
- Engine Room Experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.