Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The overall scope of a Kitchen Coordinator is to support the Executive Chef to deliver the above mission statement while preparing and developing themselves.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
- Support in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department
- Support the preparation of the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management
- Ensure that minutes are taken at every meeting and circulated for further communication
- Schedule and organise internal meetings when and as required during the monthly schedule
- Liaise purchasing requirements for the Department with the hotels’ Purchasing Department
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any employee details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations to others
- Assist in updating all departmental operations manuals annually
- Prepare presentations and other documents required for the Food & Beverage Head of Department
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly Food & Beverage reports
- Assist operationally when required, especially during operational peaks or seasonal festivities and minimum once a week to ensure the upkeep of knowledge in the various outlets and departments
- Coordinate the design of F&B menus, name tags and buffet signage when and as required
- Seek ways to assist the outlet management maximising their revenues and profits
- Monitor and report the quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey)
- Monitor the Food & Beverage Departments’ annual leaves and regularly update the Food & Beverage Head of Department
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, bars and other hotels banqueting departments
- Attend all corporate conference calls
- At least one years experience in a similar role
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days