Q's Bar Manager
Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The music legend Quincy Jones’ first ever bar, Q’s is set to become Dubai’s most intimate lounge and supper club featuring the best in live music. An ever-changing schedule of acts featuring next generation stars, art directed by Quincy himself, are set to be the highlight. The living room-like space acts as the perfect place to enjoy a delicious post or pre-dinner bite, or enjoy the wide selection of fine and rare beverages in the front row with impromptu performances
The Q’s Bar Manager oversees the operational and financial aspects of the outlet. He/she insures promotion of Q’s Bar as well as the implementation and consistency of service
- Responsibility for the business and qualitative performance of the outlet.
- Actively support the hotel’s team culture, and help to achieve the hotel’s vision, goals and values
- Manage Q’s Bar team: selection, recruitment, evaluation, career planning, progressive discipline, scheduling, cost control, training.
- Ensuring that Q’s Bar operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining standards in terms of food, service, health & safety and reputation
- Analyzing and planning outlet sales levels and profitability
- Organizing marketing activities and promotional events in cooperation with the Marketing and Communication Department
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferable in lounge of a 5 star luxury hotel/restaurant environment
- Train the Trainer, Group Trainer, Up-selling skills training, HACCP
- A total of 4-5 years Food and Beverage experience
- Extensive wine and beverage knowledge
- WSET level 2 or equivalent.