Demi Chef de Partie
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi is looking for a Demi Chef De Partie with a minimum of 1 year in current position or a strong Commi 1, looking to elevate to the next position. The position is for Main Kitchen and the candidate needs to have good Knowledge of Western Cuisine , A La carte & Banquet . Need to be from reputable International Hotel Chain and from 4 or 5 Star Hotel Background. As with our other Award winning F&B outlets, product and service is key - we need team members who have the passion and drive to delivery great service consistently.
We are looking for applicants with previous experience and cannot consider anyone currently who does not have such experience.
In addition to this you MUST be fit/well presented - this is a requirement to fit the environment! plus you MUST be a sports fan/player/enthusiast.
Your application must contain the following:
a) Upto date CV detailing all previous relevant work experience
b) Details of your sporting career or interests - what sports do you follow/play?
c) A recent (taken in last 4 weeks) head and shoulders/passport photo in colour
d) A recent (taken in last 4 weeks) full length shot in colour also.
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Fluency in Arabic and English is desirable; written, spoken and reading.
Brief Overview of the position:
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the kitchen or any other department of the hotel as assigned and be able to perform all duties and tasks as per Task List for that department.
- To be fully conversant with all the services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Food & Beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To be responsible in guiding the Commis towards their job performance by giving feedback and discuss areas of improvement.
- To be responsible for ensuring daily storeroom requisitions and sufficient supplies during kitchen operation and are rotated and used in a FIFO system.
- To be responsible for the kitchen’s operation in the absence of the Executive Chef
- To be able to recognize good quality products and presentation
- To implement a flexible scheduling based on a business patterns.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and kitchen supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assure sufficient mis-en-place for the elaboration of the all menu according to recipe manuals.
- To constantly strive for new innovative ideas in menu and new concepts of production and presentation and recommend them for possible implementation.
- To recommend corrective actions for unfavorable variances in food cost commitments
- To manage the preparation and distribution of Kitchen items to all outlets and functions under detailed instructions from Executive Chef.
- Performs duties common to all Commis and other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Chef.
- To assist the Executive Chef in staff scheduling and payroll cost to ensure adequate coverage according to established practices and maximizes on labor potential. Adjust schedules to meet emergencies, coordinates with other outlet regarding emergency staffing.
- To know and understand both the Food & Beverage and Food Preparation basic Policies and Procedures and is responsible for its implementation and compliance of it.
- To perform departmental cleaning duties in the assigned section / outlet as per the established cleaning schedule in coordination with the Stewarding Department
- To supervise the team in ensuring high quality production are achieved but keeping in mind the cost control
- To manage time effectively by meeting deadlines on time
- To be always available and on-duty during peak periods (frequently, opening and closing the operation).
- To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipments are working properly, properly maintained and are trained to work safely with it.
- To adhere to the health, hygiene and safety regulations in the kitchen in accordance to Municipality rules & regulations in compliance with the HACCP policies and procedures, and is responsible to integrate them in the daily operation.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests in the outlet are receiving the best possible service.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To assist the Executive Chef in identifying training needs and if needed, plan training programs for the Commis
- To assist in planning and organizing regular departmental training for all team members, especially for the new comers, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
- To establish effective employee relation and maintains the highest level of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and co-employee