Wellness Instructor - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.
Talise Spa offers a unique spa experience in Kuwait, with state of the art spa facilities and the latest revitalising treatments. In the spa, you'll find 17 treatments rooms, plus two private suites, a fitness studio with personal trainers, hydrotherapy baths, a drift room, salt room and a steam room. Experience the amazing health benefits of our snow room, which aids circulation and leaves you with an instant glow. Also find inner calm in Yoga, Pilates and Reiki at the spa. A personalised assessment will help you choose from the wide range of therapeutic spa treatments, including massage and body treatments, facials, ritual packages or detox programmes.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented and certified Wellness Instructor to join the Talise Spa and Wellness Team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of the role is to provide 5 stars service in the field of Personal Training/coaching to hotel guests and members (individual or group) or outsider guest. In addition to assist the guest in the areas of proper exercise techniques, workout efficiency, safe weight training and personal fitness motivation.
- To conduct individual and group fitness sessions, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations (ex: Pilates, yoga, personal training, meditation)
- To assist in organizing and conducting workshops and events
- Provide pre and post fitness assessments
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from exercise
- Evaluate individual’s abilities, needs and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements
- Offer alternatives during fitness sessions to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Observe participants and inform them to corrective measures necessary for skill improvement
- Monitor participants’ progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Provide guest with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control and lifestyle issues
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion
- Actively promote and encourage Personal Training sessions to members and the sales of membership.
- Maintain a high standard of fitness knowledge and keep updated with fitness developments, locally and internationally.
- Ensure the general cleanliness and maintenance of the gym equipment (ex: linen)
- To support the spa operation if the business needs by welcoming the guest
- To be proactive in the services and to be a good team player
- Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities or refer injured persons to physicians.
- High level fitness Instructor Qualifications
- Specializing in Anatomy / Concept & Components of Fitness
- Qualifications in Pilates or Yoga
- Minimum of 2 years of previous work experience with solid track records and strong references
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) is essential as well as proficiency in MS Office packages
- Ability to negotiate at a senior level, ability to develop creative marketing concepts
- Previous work experience in integrative wellness environment in well-renowned institutions
- Previous work experience in overseas and multi-cultural environment
- Dealings with high profile guests
- Knowledge of Arabic