Commis III - Cold Kitchen - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Culinary department for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to assist Chef de Cuisine in the daily operation.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect “policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- To assist colleagues, in supporting Culinary teams, if required, to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To report accidents and sickness immediately to the Chef de Cuisine, with clear and concise details as required.
- To identify and request assistance immediately , prior to any breakdowns.
- To relay any breakdown related information immediately to the Chef de Cuisine ,to enable root cause identification and eradicate re- occurances.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To be an ambassador of Lateral service for the team.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlets.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To ensure any operating equipment malfunction is communicated to the Chef de Cuisine immediately,to allow for Engineering response.
- To adhere to all pre-determined set-up times and breakdowns for each meal period-event.
- To follow all control and key procedures.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients’’ are professionally prepared in accordance with recipes ,plating guides ,buffet set ups , with an emphasis on maximizing production time and minimizing waste, to support the Culinary Team achieve its financial goals-targets.
- To take a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To perform daily inspections of all walk-in refrigerators, reach ins , to ensure that proper rotation of food is adhered to prior to and upon completion of your shift.
- To assume a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the employee dining room and assist to the team if required.
College or Culinary graduate
1 year minimum in five star hotel or fine dining restaurant
Solid Culinary Basics & Techniques
Working with multi-cultural teams
Good comprehension of the English language
Computer and Microsoft Office skills
Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate
Competitor / best practice knowledge