Director of Marketing & Communications
Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury, and also a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Culinary experiences immerse you in the Middle East’s exquisite tastes, and take curious diners on scintillating journeys. Sip refreshments and savour marinated barbeque dishes at the Mediterranean beach bar. Gourmet world flavors are yours to enjoy all day. For dinner, let us tempt you with Asian specialties from countries that border the Mekong River. At Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara Guests will enjoy a choice of 30 Premier Sea View rooms and 10 Deluxe rooms with sea or garden views, 96 villas, including 88 private pool villas, Private 250 meter beach, Outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool, Anantara Spa with Salalah’s first hammam and razul treatment rooms, 3 restaurants including a signature Asian restaurant and much more.
Al Baleed Resort by Anantara is looking for Director of Marketing & Communications to join its team.
You will be developing and maintaining relationships with media bodies, society and opinion leaders and other key stakeholders including day to day marketing & communications activities of the hotel. The overall objective is to position the hotel properly to achieve the marketing objectives and business strategy of the hotel and the overall brand. You would participate on evaluating new markets and their needs, comparing these with our product and services by conduct a feasibility study to develop new feeder markets. Not only are you responsible for the marketing communications, you would also be leading and directing the sales effort and reacts on trends, so that the highest profitability can be reached and goals achieved.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Build the PR Plan of the resorts covered and ensure a full compliance on what is approved to drive with focus and update Area DOSM and GMs regularly on the progress.
- Manage, develop and implement a marketing strategy for the Anantara Hotels & Resorts located in the assigned region
- To manage all brand, advertising and marketing , creative and media buying related aspects as per the direction of the ADOSM
- Maintain and direct all third party related agencies as per the hotels and resorts requirements
- Manage an effective e-Communications strategy with the client base to support the overall business objectives.
- Identify potential sponsorship and promotional opportunities for each resort and hotel and manage the strategic business alliance and relationships.
- Support and manage when required attendance at key exhibitions and conference that may involve Key Stakeholders and Owners.
- Monitor industry trends and keep senior managers appraised of brand perceptions and any potential issues that would have a negative impact on our business.
- Liaise and meet regularly with individual property General Managers and Department Heads to ensure that all specific requirements for marketing related work are managed.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the monthly and annual reports for both Owning Company and Head Office.
- To maintain and control all below the line operational material.
- To manage and implement the budget and report monthly on all online and print media campaigns.
- Update and maintain in the resorts image library.
- Assist the operational departments in the writing and management in line with brand guidelines on all F&B, Rooms and Spa related packages and promotions.
- Maintain branded Web and communications update.
- Ensure all insertion orders and agency related invoices are prepared in line with policy.
- Maintain work flow within the department.
- Work as required in line with hotel activities.
- Understand each resort’s marketing programmes.
Understanding the Business:
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your specialist field and understand of business requirements, including industry trends, facts and figures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses.
- Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into account financial implications of business decisions and recommendations.
- Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making.
- Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs.
- Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations.
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to hotel brand standards.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs.
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests.
- Generate new ideas and encourage creativity from both the agency contacts, Anantara. Resort staff and any direct reports.
- Recognize the need for new and modified approaches.
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments to deliver positive results
- Actively participate in wider hotel and industry meetings and associations.
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication.
- Support and oversee each properties MARCOM & Graphics requirements.
- Be comfortable and effective in an environment of ambiguity or change.
- Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner.
- Complete tasks as directed by Management.
Impact and Influence:
- Promote your ideas persuasively, and shape the opinion of subordinates and overcome resistance.
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- Establish influential contacts with suppliers.
- Share best practice with on property MARCOM and Graphic.
Leading and Developing People:
- Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support
- Develop potential of others through coaching and development opportunities to build organization capability for the future
- Proven background in marketing and communication in a 5 stars hotel with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Ability to manage the relationship with team members, owners, key corporate and leisure accounts.
- Ability to manage multiple hotels & resorts branding and marketing related requirements.
- English speaking, understand the local market behaviour.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong computer related skills.