Demi Chef De Partie
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
1. Work is of a straight shift / split shift.
2. Is required to do all production related to outlets and functions. This would, at some period, include work in the bakery to improve / maintain all around knowledge.
3. To ensure mis-en-place is kept to standard and the quantity is in relation to volume of business.
4. Responsible for utilization of all materials used so as to reduces wastage and spoilage.
5. Is expected to work in a clean and hygienic manner. This would include the rotation and tidying of refrigerator and freezer items.
6. Undertakes all normal and ancillary duties associated with this department and accept variances to the above duties as and when required maintaining operational effectiveness.
7. To follow strictly all personal hygiene/grooming and Health & Safety practices.
8. To adhere to all company policies relating to Kitchen & Food Safety.
9. To attend all Hotel’s Training as requested by the management
10. To ensure that house rules are followed
11. To be aware of all emergency procedures
12. To conduct regular training within the department
13. To promote team work within the department & ensure equality at workplace is maintained without sexual discrimination and harassment
14. To strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
16. To perform all other tasks as requested by management
• Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
• Food Handler Certificate required
• Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills