Chef De Cuisine : Malaysian / Indonesian
Full job details
W Doha has recently won the Best Hotel & Residences in the Middle East, awarded by the World Travel Awards. Being the first W in the Middle East, we are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle East. Working for a unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Marriott – the biggest hospitality company in the world – will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
Nestled in the heart of the city, right in the business district where the past meets with the future, art meets science, tradition meets haute couture and culture meets nightlife, the W Doha reveals the unexpected side of modern Doha, thrilling guests with unrivalled insider access to what is new and next in this booming desert capital. Work and play come easy at the W, with Qatar Financial Center, major oil & gas corporations and ministries just walking distance from the hotel, plus the country’s largest mall just a 3 minute drive away.
You will be a part of our award winning Culinary team, reporting to the Executive Chef.
As the Chef de Cuisine you are responsible for managing the daily kitchen operation.
The Chef de Cuisine will assist the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to set and maintain standards in the kitchen and ensure smooth operation of the department.
You will provide operational support to the Executive Chef in meeting all divisional targets and objectives with a view to maximum guest satisfaction and protecting all assets of W Doha.
The key purpose focuses on ensuring extreme professionalism in food production to the highest stipulated qualitative standard and conducting operational health and safety criteria and international food hygiene regulations.
Your main duties will be:
• Assist the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
• Attend meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day. Communicate the information to junior talents to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
• Plan menus and compile recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
• Fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
• Ensure agreed quality of product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
• Recruit, monitor and train colleagues; ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
• Analyse market food trends and make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
You must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role, possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks, work independently, and have a proactive approach.
You must be able to draw upon considerable experience as a culinary chef who has worked in many different roles and settings in order to effectively coach and mentor junior chefs.
Prior experience in the Middle East and experience in volume operations are required.