EAM of Sales & Marketing
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi.
Find Your World.
Steeped in Middle Eastern mystique, The St. Regis Doha is part of the Al Gassar Resort located in the heart of West Bay, adjacent to the Pearl Island and close to the Diplomatic Area. The St. Regis Butler Service is part of the St. Regis promise that every guest will have a truly memorable stay. The hotel introduces a collection of carefully selected restaurants, bars and lounges. You can also escape to a sanctuary of rejuvenation at the signature Remède Spa, featuring 22 private treatment rooms.
Sales & Marketing
Initiate, plan, direct and manage the implementation of the sales and marketing strategy. Direct the activities of the Sales, Events and Reservations teams, ensuring that the activities of all team members are aligned with Complex strategy.
•Develop the sales and marketing strategy for the property, plan and manage its implementation, liaising closely with key stakeholders (General Managers, Hotel Managers, Revenue Manager) and be responsible for communication of this strategy to the sales / reservations and events teams.
• Working closely with the Director of Revenue, continuously monitor competitive activity and implement any agreed changes to the property’s sales and marketing strategy.
• Take responsibility for the delivery of the annual Marketing Planning process for the property, fully understanding the Marketing requirements, and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations
• Liaise with General Manager and Hotel Managers to deliver specific hotel marketing projects such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns. Ensure full compliance with all Starwood Marketing programs.
• Liaise with the PR and Advertising agencies to ensure effective communication is maintained in line with Marketing strategy.
• Manage the Sales, Reservations and Events teams to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Sales and Marketing Department and that all revenue and profitability targets are achieved in line with the European core standards.
• Conduct six monthly performance appraisals for all direct reports, ensuring that pre-agreed objectives are achieved. Where required, identify appropriate development and career opportunities for each team members to ensure high levels of motivation.
• Set annual revenue targets, in line with budget, for all direct sales people, ensuring that they are clear on their revenue target and have a planned strategy to achieve their goals.
• Manage the completion of all GA / GP and SET Preferred solicitations ensuring they are completed accurately and in line with budgeted guidelines.
• Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments and confirmation to client. Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives.
• Proactively prospect new accounts for the Complex and Starwood properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans for the sales team. Ensure that all members of the sales and events teams maintain European Core Delphi Standards and that the system is utilized to its full capacity.
• Plan and attend any trade fairs as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the property.
• To arrange and manage familiarization trips and educational in line with business needs.
Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
At least 2 years of experience of an account manager. Further experience in a supervisory position preferred.