Front Desk Clerk
Full job details
Nassima Royal Hotel Dubai is the ideal destination for business and leisure luxury hospitality. Built to inspire modernity, style and luxury, this five-star hotel, stands elegantly on a 51 storey slick glass tower on the prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, in the heart of cosmopolitan Dubai.
As a Front Desk Clerk, you serve as an integral component of the Rooms Division function by supporting the Front Office Team.
Front Desk Clerk will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Efficiently carry-out services provided at the Front Desk including: welcoming and check-in/check-out of guests, attending to their requests and queries, taking and relaying messages and other related operational concerns.
- Ensure that all in-coming guests post the required deposit and, guests in-house have sufficient deposit to cover for their estimated total charges upon departure.
- Ensure that one’s cash report is balanced and closed at the end of the shift with remittance envelop dropped in the cash vault.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization/completion/sale using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s cheques and other forms of payment.
- Convert foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using acceptable electronic device.
- Post charges to guest and house accounts using the computer system.
- Monitor all outstanding bills and ensure full payment for departing guests.
- Perform daily “bucket check report” against guest folio ensuring that charges are accurately posted and support receipts are properly filed.
- Take/relay endorsement from/to previous/next shift, follow up on any outstanding matters and ensure the delivery/completion of service.
- Ensure the maintenance of an atmosphere of tranquility at the reception desk, never giving the impression that there is a problem.
- Constantly check reservations to ensure room availability and special blockings are handled correctly.
- Perform registration process by obtaining data from guest and by observing the established guidelines.
- Ensure that all guests are checked-in into the computer immediately and accurately. Check all transactions performed and sign on designated space in the registration card signifying completion of procedure.
- Promptly answer the telephone, within three rings. Use your name when answering, speak clearly and in pleasant voice. Take and deliver accurate and timely guest messages, either manually or via the computer system. Coordinate/facilitate delivery of mail, small packages and facsimile for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check-out and ask guest how they enjoyed their stay. In the event of dissatisfaction or dispute, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowance.
- Ensure the strict control of room keys. Enforce the key handling procedures ensuring maximum security.
- Ensure that all rooms which are due to check-out are followed-up and updated in the computer system accordingly. Guests who have checked-out must be immediately checked-out from the computer system.
- Similar experience needed in a 4- 5 star luxury hotel chain
- With at least 2 to 3 years experience or any similar role
- Can work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and hotel guests
- Excellent Guest Relation Skills
- Excellent command of English and Arabic Language, both spoken and written
- Multiple language ability is considered as additional advantage
Your benefits will include
A competitive tax free starting salary and expatriates benefits as per UAE Law. Additionally, you will have opportunity to be connected with 600+ hotels of the Preferred Group worldwide.
As an employee of the Nassima Royal Hotel, you will be entitled to its employee benefits as well as those of Preferred Group of Hotels and Resorts.